Skip to content
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Identify what a person knows and can do
- Match the knowledge, skills and experience to associated assessment criteria of qualifications and/or unit standards
- Assess learning against those standards theoretically and practically
- Credit person for skills, knowledge and experience irrespective of how such learning was obtained.
- Trained personnel, Assessors and Moderators to be registered.
- Evidence Facilitator and Assessor preferable to be different persons
- Pre-assessment advice
- Identification of barriers
- Preparation for the assessment process
- Career planning
- Appeal Process
Learner guidence and support procedure
- The right to a fair and transparent process
- Access to trained and competent staff skills in working with diverse groups of adult learners
- The right to be assessed using assessment methods which are flexible and appropriate to the subject and tailored to the needs of the candidate.
- Pre-assessment inclusive of how learner will be screened to ascertain viability of application for RPL should be clearly articulated.
- Screening to be followed by pre-assessment and should deal with how the candidate is introduced to the process of assessment and the support services available regarding the collation of evidence.
Management of RPL assessment procedure
- Planning Phase
- Assessment Phase
- Assessment Judgement Phase
- Assessment Feedback Phase